To view the settings, you have two options:
Option 1: From the inbox click file, then click on RMail settings.
Option 2: From the feature dialog button. Click the settings button.
The Disappearing Ink™ feature adds privacy by allowing senders to add content to an email, which can only be viewed a pre-set number of times before being permanently deleted.
The settings in the RMail app for Microsoft Outlook for the Disappearing Ink™ feature include the following.
- First is to Enable or Disable the feature. There’s also a default option which allows the feature to be controlled by administrators within the RPortal management platform.
- The second is the Number of views which can be set, so the recipient may view the content between 1 and 5 times.
- The third is the Length of time per view, which can be set between 1 and 20 minutes per click of the Disappearing Ink™ link.
- The fourth is Viewing link text option. This allows the sender to program the text of the hyperlink to the Disappearing Ink™ content. The default is Click to View Private Text.
- The fifth and last setting provides senders the option to Encrypt Disappearing Ink for additional privacy.
Please note there are many other settings available to configure the Disappearing Ink™ feature to your needs.
Make sure you view other RMail videos to learn more about email proof, privacy, and enhanced workflows.